Victoria was notified of no new cases of COVID-19 yesterday.
This is the seventh day in a row of no new locally acquired cases.
There were three COVID-19 cases in hospital in Victoria yesterday.
There were 24 active cases in Victoria – 5 are locally acquired and 19 are overseas acquired cases.
The total number of confirmed cases in Victoria since the beginning of the pandemic is 20,718.
Updated restrictions in Victoria
Eased restrictions will come into place at 11:59pm on 8 July.
Update: Travel permits
The following areas are red zones under Victoria’s travel permit system:
- NSW LGAs in Greater Sydney, including Central Coast, Shellharbour, Blue Mountains and Wollongong, effective 1:00am AEST Friday 25 June
- Queensland LGAs of City of Brisbane, Moreton Bay and Sunshine Coast, effective 1:00am AEST Wednesday 30 June.
The following areas are orange zones under Victoria’s travel permit system:
- Perth Metropolitan Region and Peel Region in WA, effective 1:00am AEST Sunday 4 July
- The Queensland LGAs of Ipswich, Logan, Redland, Gold Coast, Lockyer Valley, Noosa, Scenic Rim and Somerset, effective 1:00am AEST Sunday 4 July
- Townsville LGA (including Magnetic Island) and Palm Island in QLD, effective 1:00am AEST Sunday 4 July
- Alice Springs and Greater Darwin, effective 11.59pm AEST on Friday 2 July
- The ACT and all other LGAs in NSW.
The Acting Chief Health Officer advises strongly against non-essential travel to red or orange zones.
Engagement teams, supported by Defence personnel, made 365 household visits yesterday (including 354 red zone arrivals from New South Wales).
You must have a valid permit, exception or exemption to enter Victoria, even if entering from a green zone.
Update: Outbreaks and cases
174 of the more than 200 Primary Close Contacts linked to the Sandringham cases have been cleared.
Further clearances related to the Virgin case will start over coming days.
Six active Primary Close Contacts remain in Victoria linked with the Tanami Mine site.
The Department also manages exposure sites that it doesn’t publish online, particularly if these sites represent lower-risk exposures, if they have comprehensive record-keeping and contact tracing measures, or if they identify small, private locations.
Exposure sites are regularly reviewed based on intelligence and evidence, following case interviews.
Yesterday, 15,784 vaccine doses were administered by Victoria’s state-commissioned services.
The total number of doses administered through these services is 1,216,708.
COVID-19 symptoms include fever, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath and loss or change in sense of smell or taste. If you are experiencing symptoms, wear a fitted face mask when you get tested.
Latest statewide numbers (data reported to 11:59pm yesterday):
|Cases acquired locally||Cases acquired interstate||Cases acquired overseas||Active cases||Lives lost||Tests processed yesterday||Total tests since pandemic began|
Number of permits issued
(Jan 11 - 7am today)
|Number of permit applications processed in the past 24 hours||Average # of permits issued per minute in the past 24 hours|
Reviewed 06 July 2021