There are 575 COVID-19 cases in hospital in Victoria – with 45 active cases in ICU, including 30 on a ventilator, and an additional 27 cleared cases in ICU.
5,758,533 vaccine doses have been administered by Victoria’s state-commissioned services, with 15,870 administered yesterday at state-run centres. 582 of the doses administered yesterday were for children aged 5 to 11.
45.9 per cent of Victorians aged 18 and over have had three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. 93 per cent of Victorians aged 12 and over have had two doses. 49.9 per cent of Victorians between 5 and 11 have had one dose.
9,785 new cases of COVID-19 were recorded yesterday. This includes:
- 7,216 who tested positive on a Rapid Antigen Test
- 2,569 who returned a positive result on a PCR test.
Sadly, the Department was notified yesterday of 20 deaths of people aged in their 70s, 80s and 90s. Of those deaths, six occurred in the last two days.
This brings the total number of deaths in Victoria since the pandemic began to 2,198.
There are 58,449 active cases in Victoria.
19,404 PCR tests were processed yesterday. The total number of PCR tests performed in Victoria since the pandemic began is 19,099,420.
Rapid Antigen Tests for early childhood families
Links and contacts
- your positive Rapid Antigen Test or find more information about
- Follow your COVID Checklist if you or you are a of someone with COVID-19
- Get your vaccine through GPs or community pharmacies through the
- Get information on and getting the right support for your symptoms
- See where and how you can get at state-run centres
- Find your nearest
- Current for living and working in Victoria
- Financial is available if you have to isolate after a test
- View Victoria’s
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people can also call the Victorian Aboriginal COVID Information Line on 1800 312 911. Callers will speak with Aboriginal staff who can answer questions about COVID-19 and direct them to relevant support services. The information line is open from 9am to 5pm, 7 days a week.
Reviewed 08 February 2022