There are 492 COVID-19 cases in hospital in Victoria – with 27 active cases in ICU, including 7 on a ventilator, and an additional 2 cleared cases in ICU.
6,209,006 vaccine doses have been administered by Victoria’s state-commissioned services, with 1,836 administered yesterday at state-run centres.
67.9 per cent of Victorians aged 18 and over have had three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. 94.6 per cent of Victorians aged 12 and over have had two doses.
11,596 new cases of COVID-19 were recorded yesterday. This includes 7,913 who tested positive on a Rapid Antigen Test and 3,683 who returned a positive result on a PCR test.
Sadly, the Department was notified of 14 deaths yesterday of people aged in their 50s, 70s, 80s and 90s. This brings the total number of deaths in Victoria since the pandemic began to 3,012.
There are 58,459 active cases in Victoria.
19,428 PCR tests were processed yesterday. The total number of PCR tests performed in Victoria since the pandemic began is 20,596,320.
Links and contacts
- your positive Rapid Antigen Test or find more information about
- Follow your COVID Checklist if you or you are a of someone with COVID-19
- Get your vaccine through GPs or community pharmacies through the
- Get information on and getting the right support for your symptoms
- See where and how you can get at state-run centres
- Find your nearest
- Current for living and working in Victoria
- Financial is available if you have been impacted by COVID-19
- View Victoria’s
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people can also call the Victorian Aboriginal COVID Information Line on . Callers will speak with Aboriginal staff who can answer questions about COVID-19 and direct them to relevant support services. The information line is open from 9am to 5pm, 7 days a week.
Reviewed 06 May 2022