There are 264 COVID-19 cases in hospital in Victoria – with 15 active cases in ICU, including 5 on a ventilator, and an additional 22 cleared cases in ICU.
5,972,174 vaccine doses have been administered by Victoria’s state-commissioned services, with 4,213 administered yesterday at state-run centres. 62 of the doses administered yesterday were for children aged 5 to 11 years.
59.4 per cent of Victorians aged 18 and over have had three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. 94 per cent of Victorians aged 12 and over have had two doses. 55.4 per cent of Victorians aged between 5 and 11 years have had one dose.
7,126 new cases of COVID-19 were recorded yesterday. This includes:
- 4,743 who tested positive on a Rapid Antigen Test
- 2,383 who returned a positive result on a PCR test
Sadly, the Department was notified yesterday of 28 deaths of people aged in their 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. Most of these deaths occurred during February.
This brings the total number of deaths in Victoria since the pandemic began to 2,517. One earlier reported death has been reclassified.
There are 41,162 active cases in Victoria.
23,334 PCR tests were processed yesterday. The total number of PCR tests performed in Victoria since the pandemic began is 19,518,627.
Links and contacts
- your positive Rapid Antigen Test or find more information about
- Follow your COVID Checklist if you or you are a of someone with COVID-19
- Get your vaccine through GPs or community pharmacies through the
- Get information on and getting the right support for your symptoms
- See where and how you can get at state-run centres
- Find your nearest
- Current for living and working in Victoria
- Financial is available if you have to isolate after a test
- View Victoria’s
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people can also call the Victorian Aboriginal COVID Information Line on 1800 312 911. Callers will speak with Aboriginal staff who can answer questions about COVID-19 and direct them to relevant support services. The information line is open from 9am to 5pm, 7 days a week.
Reviewed 02 March 2022