There are 381 COVID-19 cases in hospital in Victoria – with 12 active cases in ICU, including 1 on a ventilator, and an additional 8 cleared cases in ICU.
6,158,025 vaccine doses have been administered by Victoria’s state-commissioned services, with 2,013 administered yesterday at state-run centres.
66.7 per cent of Victorians aged 18 and over have had three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. 94.4 per cent of Victorians aged 12 and over have had two doses.
9,597 new cases of COVID-19 were recorded yesterday. This includes:
- 6,478 who tested positive on a Rapid Antigen Test
- 3,119 who returned a positive result on a PCR test.
Sadly, the Department was notified of one death yesterday of a person aged in their 90s.
This brings the total number of deaths in Victoria since the pandemic began to 2,783.
There are 64,899 active cases in Victoria.
15,181 PCR tests were processed yesterday. The total number of PCR tests performed in Victoria since the pandemic began is 20,202,400.
More than 60 vaccine pop-ups open over the school holidays
Dozens of vaccine pop-up clinics will launch over the school holidays at shopping centres, youth centres, sports complexes, markets, family fun days, train stations and major events across Victoria.
The pop-ups are in addition to Victoria’s fixed-site vaccination centres and the more than 2,100 GPs and pharmacies providing COVID-19 vaccines in Victoria.
For more information visit Vaccination .
Links and contacts
- your positive Rapid Antigen Test or find more information about Rapid Antigen
- Follow your COVID Checklist if you test or you are a of someone with COVID-19
- Get your vaccine through GPs or community pharmacies through the Vaccine Clinic
- Get information on managing COVID-19 at and getting the right support for your symptoms
- See where and how you can get at state-run centres
- Find your nearest testing
- Current COVIDSafe for living and working in Victoria
- Financial is available if you have been impacted by COVID-19
- View Victoria’s Pandemic Order Register
To access the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Victoria, visit the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Victoria or call the 24-hour Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people can also call the Victorian Aboriginal COVID Information Line on 1800 312 911. Callers will speak with Aboriginal staff who can answer questions about COVID-19 and direct them to relevant support services. The information line is open from 9am to 5pm, 7 days a week.
Reviewed 11 April 2022