The capability framework for Victorian cardiac services will help facilitate the development of a coordinated cardiac system of care based on the following principles:
- the entire continuum of the cardiac patient journey is in focus when planning cardiac care
- people experiencing an acute event receive the right care as quickly as possible
- health services recognise roles and responsibilities within a coordinated system of care
- designated specialist services take a lead role in coordination of cardiac care
- complex cardiac care is consolidated to fewer facilities, with general cardiac care distributed to support the right care in the right place
- designated specialist cardiac services provide clinical leadership across the system.
Resources to support the development and implementation of this framework will be added to this page as they become available.
For more information on the implementation of the cardiac care capability framework, please contact:
Reviewed 18 November 2019