GP respiratory clinics are open across Victoria.
- are for people that are unwell with mild respiratory symptoms (such as coughing, runny nose, fever) or other COVID-19 symptoms (such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea)
- offer face to face assessments (including testing) and immediate support for respiratory illnesses (such as influenza, COVID-19, asthma, hay fever)
- provide care for people with COVID-19, including by telehealth (can be accessed even if you do not live close by to the clinic)
- are staffed by general practitioners and nurses
- are free for everyone (babies, children and adults), with or without a Medicare card.
Respiratory clinics for children
Two new respiratory clinics for children (aged 18 and under) are open. These clinics are open from 6pm to 11pm and on weekends.
Early treatment medicines are now available for eligible Victorians who have COVID-19 to prevent them from getting sick and needing hospital care. To see if you may be eligible and for more information, visit .
Reviewed 14 December 2022