- Cemetery Sector Governance Support (the program) is responsible for the administration of the Cemeteries and Crematoria Act 2003 and the Cemeteries and Crematoria Regulations 2015.
- The program also provides support to cemetery trust members and other stakeholders to help them meet their statutory obligations.
The role of Cemetery Sector Governance Support (the program) is to administer the Cemeteries and Crematoria Act 2003 and the Cemeteries and Crematoria Regulations 2015.
The key functions of the program include:
- reviewing and implementing legislation, setting policy and strategic planning
- providing advice to the sector
- coordinating with other agencies on cemetery issues
- managing key projects that impact the sector
- providing advice relating to the Act
- evaluating and endorsing trust fee applications
- investigating complaints relating to trust governance and fraud
- developing tools and systems to assist trusts to meet their obligations under the Act
- providing advice to the public about the operation of the Act
- distributing newsletters
- providing fee information for cemetery trusts
- processing and issuing statutory documents.
Reviewed 19 October 2023