Department of Health Vision and Values
Working together to achieve the best health and wellbeing for all Victorians.
The Department of Health seeks to achieve this vision by positively effecting change in the operation and development of the Victorian healthcare system. We aim to:
- develop a system that is responsive to people’s needs
- improve every Victorian’s health status and experiences
- expand service, workforce and system capacity
- increase the system’s financial sustainability and productivity
- implement continuous improvements and innovation
- increase accountability and transparency
- utilise e-health and communications technology to improve outcomes for patients and all Victorians.
We are compassionate, caring and seek to treat others as we would expect to be treated.
We care about and seek to be responsive to the needs of our diverse people and communities.
We help each other and work together
Our relationships with each other and the way we work together are fundamental to our success.
We aim to be helpful, respectful and supportive of each other.
We aim to build a reputation in the health sector as a responsive and positive source of help and guidance.
We pay attention to the experience of patients and their families and loved ones
We care about how well the health system treats patients, their families, and indeed all Victorians.
We consider the perspective of the patient and the health experience of Victorians in all of our work.
We communicate effectively and transparently
We communicate clearly and appropriately and resolve all matters of concern quickly and professionally.
We are accountable
We do what we say we will do and we accept responsibility for our decisions and actions.
We are respectful and act with integrity
We engage each other in a respectful, fair and professional manner. We respect the beliefs and abilities of every individual.