Regional Consultative Committees on Emergency and Critical Care Services have been stablished in all rural regions. The terms of reference of these committees were adapted from the terms of reference of the Consultative Council on Emergency and Critical Care Services.
Terms of eference
dvice to the Regional Director, Department of Human Services, on issues
elating to the provision, distribution and standard of emergency and
critical care services within the region.
The committees should consider regional issues relating to the reception, treatment and continuity of care of patients requiring time-critical trauma, emergency medical and critical care services.
3. To monitor he provision of emergency and critical care services within the region nd, where applicable, identify areas of concern, notify these to the Department and advise on appropriate steps to resolve them.
4. To monitor he provision of education and training in critical care and emergency management to medical, nursing, ambulance, paramedical and emergency services staff throughout the region, and to disseminate information regarding standards, policies, procedures and protocols to relevant hospitals, organisations nd individuals, as appropriate.
5. To ensure coordination of planning for emergency and critical care services with ther local planning arrangements for health care services.
6. To advise he Regional Director on matters referred to the committee.
7. To meet t least four times a year.
8. To review he appropriateness of these terms of reference at least every two years.
9. To review he membership at least every two years or as the need arises.
10. To establish
working groups on specific matters as necessary and to co-opt people with
nterest to assist the committee to achieve the terms of reference.
to List of Appendices]
[Return to Main Index]