Emergency management - Grampians
Our responsibilities in Victoria’s emergency management arrangements include the following:
- Community support and recovery. The Department of Human Services is the principal agency for State Recovery Coordination.
- Pre-hospital mass casualty management at incident sites by medical and ambulance services including the deployment of hospital teams.
- Hospital emergency response to a surge in demand for services.
- Public health emergency response, including incident control functions for biological and radiological incidents, and food and water contamination.
In Victoria our emergency management arrangements are based upon the all hazards, all agencies approach. Under this approach, all emergencies, regardless of their cause, are managed through a consistent set of arrangements. This includes health service or hospital capacity to deliver care during incidents and emergencies, and maintain their ability to provide usual hospital services.
- For further information about emergency management coordination arrangements visit Emergency Management
- To find out more about the environmental health impacts of emergencies visit Environmental Health - Emergency Management
- Download the Grampians Region Code Brown template for use by small rural health services.