Health statusDid you know that in Gippsland region
- Between 2011 and 2021 the population of Bass Coast is expected to grow by 33.3% and the population of Baw Baw by 25.4%
- Gippsland males have the lowest life expectancy of any other region in Victoria
- 53% of the population is overweight or obese.
- 51% of the population are non-smokers.
- The percentage of the population of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background is twice th Victorian average.
For information about the four Primary Care Partnerships in Gippsland Region visit
- East Gippsland PCP
- Wellington PCP
- Central West Gippsland PCP
- South Coast PCP Health Services Consortium PCP
For Town and Community profiles visit: http://www.health.vic.gov.au/modelling/planning/community.htm