About Eastern Metropolitan Region
Did you know that in Eastern metropolitan region
- The percentage of the population aged 65 and over is expected to grow from 15.5% in 2011 to 18.4% in 2021..
- Residents of Eastern region have the highest life expectancies when compared with any other region in Victoria
- 45% of the population are overweight or obese.
- 61% of the population are non-smokers.
- Over 26% speak a language other than English at home, with Mandarin the most common language.
The Regional Health Status Profile is a detailed profile of key health determinants, health status and health system performance in the Eastern Metropolitan region. The profile includes information on a broad range of indicators relating to areas such as socio-demographics, community strength, health behaviours, health conditions, and health services utilisation and access.
For more information about Primary Care Partnerships in Eastern region visit:
For more information about Medicare Locals in the Eastern region visit:
- Boroondara City Council
- Knox City Council
- Manningham City Council
- Maroondah City Council
- Monash City Council
- Whitehorse City Council
- Yarra Ranges Council
For LGA profiles visit:
For Town and Community profiles visit: