Healthy Together Healthy Eating Advisory Service
Healthy Together Healthy Eating Advisory Service (HEAS) is providing healthy eating and nutrition advice to early childhood education and care services, primary and secondary schools, hospitals and workplaces. This initiative is part of Healthy Together Victoria, which aims to improve people’s health where they live, learn, work and play.
Jointly funded by the State Government of Victoria and the Australian Government, and delivered by Nutrition Australia, HEAS provides:
- healthy eating and nutrition advice (via email and telephone)
- menu, catering and vending machine assessments
- healthy recipes and food ideas
- support and training for health professionals and food service staff
- policy development advice.
HEAS is also available to work closely with and support the food industry in applying government healthy food service guidelines.
Healthy Together Achievement Program
HEAS assists early childhood education and care services, schools and workplaces to work towards meeting the requirements of the Healthy Eating and Oral Health benchmarks of the Healthy Together Achievement Program.