viCPlace is a secure, web-based information system that helps Victorian clinical placement providers plan and administer clinical placements with partnered education providers.
Auspiced by the Victorian Clinical Training Council, viCPlace has been developed through consultation with stakeholders from the Clinical Placement Networks. The development has been possible due to support from Bendigo Health and funding made available by the Victorian Government Department of Health.
Users' experiences of viCPlace
New Release: viCPlace 6.0 – major upgrade
viCPlace 6.0 was recently released to coincide with clinical placement planning activities for 2013.
This represents a major upgrade to viCPlace, incorporating many new features and significant enhancements informed by stakeholder feedback including:
- Streamlined processing of clinical placement requests/bookings including transparent history of changes and status updates;
- Improved and expanded “forum”;
- A printable wall planner; and
- Facility for education providers to monitor demand and manage clinical placement bookings by subject.
All stakeholders are thanked for their cooperation with the release of the upgrade and feedback on viCPlace to date, without which the development would not have been possible.
Contact your local CPN coordinator or Information Support Officer for further information about viCPlace 6.0.
viCPlace commenced development in 2011 and was first rolled out in 2012 to support the clinical placement planning process for nursing.
viCPlace-related projects planned for 2013-2014 include:
- Ongoing conversations with developers of existing clinical placement management software to develop an Application Programming Interface (API) to facilitate data-sharing between systems;
- A coordinated scoping process with medical stakeholders to identify the requirements to make viCPlace more amenable to medical clinical placement coordination and the recording of associated data. Feedback from this consultation will inform further viCPlace development; and,
- Evaluation of stakeholder feedback to inform ongoing viCPlace enhancements.
viCPlace and the Training and Development Grant for public health services
In the interests of reducing the reporting burden on health services, the allocation of the department’s Training and Development Grant: professional-entry student clinical placements subsidy from 2014-15 onwards will be based upon activity reports generated directly from viCPlace.
This will replace the requirement for the annual clinical placement data collection.
viCPlace in Practice (VIP) groups 2012
In November 2012, three time-limited viCPlace in Practice (VIP) groups (nursing, medicine and allied health) were convened to inform the ongoing development of viCPlace. The VIP groups comprised representatives of the Clinical Placement Networks (CPNs) from a range of sectors, clinical settings and practice areas. The groups provided specific advice to the department about the functionality and usability of viCPlace processes.
Based on the feedback provided by the VIP groups and existing viCPlace users (participants of the viCPlace pilot and clinical placement planning in 2012), further development is now underway. It is anticipated that a new release of viCPlace will be available to current users in June 2013.
For queries, please email email@example.com