Pest control licence holders in Victoria
When hiring a professional pest control operator who charges for fee (or reward) for treating pests in your home or business, it is important to make sure that the individual is licensed. This ensures that they have attained an appropriate qualification.
The Department of Health licenses individuals who operate or are employed by a pest control business and apply pesticides to control insects and pest animals.
The spreadsheet below provides details for all current pest control operators licensed in Victoria:
- name of pest controller
- licence expiry date.
- Fully qualified technician
- Trainee under supervision.
Please note that there are three licence authorisations:
- Athropods, Rodents, Birds and Fungi (ARBF), permitting a pest control operator to use pesticides formulated for the control of arthropods, rodents, birds and fungi, which are used to control pests (other than pest animals).
- Pest animal, permitting a pest control operator to use pesticides formulated for the control of pest animals to protect building used for commercial purposes, a domestic premise, or privately owned land.
- Fumigants, permitting a pest control operator to use pesticides in the form of fumigants.
Please note - pest control licence holder details are updated at the end of each week. For any additional information please phone the Pest Control Program by phone on 1300 887 090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hefty fine for unlicensed pest controller
A Lysterfield man has been prosecuted and fined $19,500 in the Ringwood Magistrates Court for six breaches of Victoria’s pest control laws, after a successful prosecution by the Department of Health. Please see the news release below for more detail.