Now every Victorian has a NURSE-ON-CALL
NURSE-ON-CALL is a phone service that provides immediate, expert health advice from a registered nurse, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call 1300 60 60 24 for the cost of a local call from anywhere in Victoria. (Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.)
If you think your situation is an emergency, you should always call 000 or go to an emergency department at a hospital.
We are there when you need us
NURSE-ON-CALL puts you directly in touch with a registered nurse for caring, professional health advice around the clock. You may need us when:
- you or someone you’re caring for is feeling unwell
- you are not sure if you should seek medical help
- you’re away from home or situated a long way from medical help
- you simply want advice or information about health services in your area.
What happens when I call for advice?
Step 1 – a registered nurse will answer your call and collect some basic details.
Step 2 – the nurse will then ask you a series of questions about your symptoms and other issues relating to your health.
Step 3 – at the end of the call the nurse may suggest ways you can care for yourself, advise you to contact a GP or, in the event that your condition is very serious, transfer the call to 000. Note that nurses do not provide a full diagnosis of your symptoms.
NURSE-ON-CALL uses the most up-to-date health information available, giving you and your family the highest quality advice.
All information you provide remains confidential and records are fully secure.
Health advice and more
- can provide you with other health related information, such as details of health services in your area or the number of phone help lines
- gives all Victorians the peace of mind of knowing that professional health advice is only a phone call away, any time of the day or night
- provides access to interpreting services for callers not confident with English.
The National Relay Service is available to assist callers who are hearing or speech impaired.
See Frequently asked questions for more information.
Download brochureBrochure - Now every Victorian has a NURSE-ON-CALL 1300 60 60 24
This brochure is now also available in 20 community languages.
NURSE-ON-CALL produces regular updates which are published in its newsletters.