2012 government seasonal influenza vaccine information
Influenza vaccine information
How much vaccine did I use last year?
Check your total number of influenza vaccines delivered last year and view your pre-allocation of influenza and pneumococcal vaccines:
Eligible groups for free government supplied seasonal influenza vaccine
- 65 years of age and over
- Pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy
- Indigenous people 15 years of age and over
- Residents of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- Any person 6 months of age and over with a chronic condition predisposing to severe influenza illness that requires regular medical follow-up or hospitalisation such as:
- cardiac disease
- respiratory disease including severe asthmatics
- kidney disease
- impaired immunity
- neuromuscular disease
- Homeless people.
The 2012 influenza vaccine strains
- A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)-pdm09-like virus
- A/Perth/16/2009 (H3N2)-like virus
- B/Brisbane/60/2008-like virus.
The 2012 government supplied influenza vaccine brands are:
- Fluvax® (CSL Biotherapies)
- Vaxigrip® and Vaxigrip Junior (Sanofi-aventis)
- Fluarix® (GSK).