Cold Chain management
- National vaccine storage guidelines: Strive for 5 outlines the basic principles for safe vaccine management. It is a concise, practical, user-friendly guide to vaccine storage and is aimed at Australian vaccination service providers.
- Power outage strategies
- Checklist: vaccine cold chain protocol
From January 2015 in VictoriaYou do not need to complete a vaccine cold chain breach report form for the following heat excursion such as a power outage event:
- Vaccine that is exposed, on a single occasion, to heat with a temperature of less than 25 °C for less than 6 hours.
The government-supplied vaccine can continue to be administered for this single event scenario. Please determine the cause of the breach and where possible, address this to reduce the risk of the event reoccurring.
The vaccine exposed to a single event breach must be marked such as with a pen in the event the same vaccine is breached a second time.
Please complete the form for all other breaches such as:
- A freeze breach
- A heat breach greater than or equal to 6 hours; greater than or equal to 25 °C
- Vaccines breached on more than one occasion.
Fax: 1300 768 088
While waiting for advice, do not use or discard any vaccines and place a sign on the fridge to inform other staff of the breach.