Victorian Health Information Surveillance System (VHISS)
The Victorian Health Information Surveillance System (VHISS) is an interactive website displaying public health indicators where you can select from a range of options to produce tailored graphs and tables.
These can be exported and downloaded in pdf, excel, TIFF, CSV, and Web Archive formats.
Three interactive components are available on VHISS:
- Victorian Population Health Survey
- Burden of Disease
- Avoidable Mortality
- Ambulatory Care Sensitive Conditions
The data are standardised to monitor trends over time.
Users can generate tables and graphs containing data for the state of Victoria, or specific areas within the state including:
- Age group
- Metropolitan / Rural regions
- Department of Health regions
- Primary Care Partnerships (PCPs)
- Local Government Areas (LGAs)
In the ACSC and AM reports, data can also be reported by two indexes:
- Index of Socioeconomic Disadvantage (IRSED)
- Accessibility and Remoteness Index of Australia (ARIA)
Getting started using VHISS
The PDF below provides a brief guide to getting started using VHISS.