This page contains all relevant forms and guides required to apply for a Wholesale Licence.
To make an application you are required to:
- complete an application form for the licence.
- complete an application to nominate a responsible person.
- complete and maintain a Poisons Control Plan.
- pay the required fee.
Application processing time
After all completed documents and the relevant application fee are received, in most circumstances, a Department officer will contact the applicant to arrange an appointment to visit the premises to which the application relates, to ensure that there is capability to comply with legislative requirements.
The officer may identify deficiencies during the visit. If so, the application cannot proceed any further until documented evidence has been received by the Department that the deficiencies have been rectified.
From that time, it may take up to an additional six weeks for the application process to be completed.
Processing time may be reduced substantially if there are no document errors and any identified deficiencies are rectified promptly.
These forms need to be printed and forwarded to:
Chief Officer, Drugs and Poisons Regulation
Department of Health
G.P.O. Box 4541
Melbourne Victoria 3001
The application includes:
- How to complete an application to nominate a person
- Application to nominate a person to be responsible for maintenance of the poisons control plan
- Form to be completed by person to be nominated.