Drugs and Poisons Regulation (DPR) has been working together with Business Victoria to develop online SmartForm versions for a set of DPR forms most commonly used by medical practitioners and pharmacists.
These SmartForms will provide the capability for applications or notifications to be completed and submitted online, without the need to handwrite, fax or post the completed form. Supporting documents which may be required with your application may also be uploaded as an attachment to the application.
The SmartForms available on the DPR website are:
- Application for a permit to treat a patient with Schedule 8 drugs
- Application for a permit to treat an opioid dependent person with methadone or buprenorphine
- Notification of drug dependent person
- Notification of forged or altered prescription
- Notification of termination of methadone or buprenorphine program
When you have successfully submitted a completed application or notification, you will receive a confirmation email to advise you that your form has been received by DPR.
Pre-filling a SmartForm
You can save time with the convenience of having SmartForms pre-filled with your contact details (e.g. name, clinic address, phone number, email address). To do this you will need to sign up or log in to your free Business Victoria account, so that each time you wish to use a form, your contact details will appear pre-filled on the form.
The following is a guide on how to configure your Business Victoria account to ensure that your forms will be pre-filled with your contact details.