1080 Poison manufacture and supply licence
New regulatory arrangements for the supply of 1080 poison will come into effect on 1 January 2008. The new arrangements will enable 1080 pest animal baits to be supplied by commercial retail outlets.
Persons wishing to manufacture and sell or supply, or sell or supply by wholesale, 1080 pest animal baits will require a licence from the Department of Health.
Refer to the Guidance for manufacturers and suppliers of 1080 pest animal baits and Summary table. The guidance provides information on licence requirements and enables you to determine which licence is appropriate to your business.
If you wish to apply for a licence to manufacture and sell or supply, or sell or supply by wholesale, APVMA registered 1080 products, including 1080 pest animal baits, applications can be downloaded from the Licences and permits page.
If you wish to apply for a licence to manufacture and sell or supply perishable 1080 pest animal baits produced under APVMA permit, you will need to:
- be a qualified person to make the application.
- Complete an application form for the licence.
- Complete an application to nominate a responsible person.
- Complete and maintain a poisons control plan.
- Pay the required fee.
Application processing time
After all completed documents and the relevant application fee are received, in most circumstances, a Department officer will contact the applicant to arrange an appointment to visit the premises to which the application relates, to ensure that there is capability to comply with legislative requirements.
The officer may identify deficiencies during the visit. If so, the application cannot proceed any further until documented evidence has been received by the Department that the deficiencies have been rectified.
From that time, it may take up to an additional six weeks for the application process to be completed.
Processing time may be reduced substantially if there are no document errors and any identified deficiencies are rectified promptly.
These forms need to be printed and forwarded to:
Chief Officer, Drugs and Poisons Regulation
Department of Health
G.P.O. Box 4541
Melbourne Victoria 3001
To qualify for a licence to manufacture and supply perishable 1080 pest animal baits the applicant must:
- Be a manufacturer of an APVMA registered 1080 aqueous solution; or
- Hold a Commercial Operator Licence with vermin destroyer endorsement and have completed the Agsafe Guardian online course: Supply of Perishable 1080 Bait Products (using 1080 Aqueous Solution) and the DPI course: Preparation of Perishable 1080 Pest Animal Bait Products (using 1080 Aqueous Solution).
It will be a condition of the licence to manufacture and supply perishable 1080 pest animal baits to comply with the Victorian Code of Practice for the Preparation of Perishable 1080 Pest Animal Bait Products (using 1080 Aqueous Solution).
Nominate a Responsible Person
- How to complete an application to nominate a person
- Application to nominate a person to be responsible for maintenance of the poisons control plan
- Form to be completed by the person to be nominated