Your complaint is a way to help us improve our services and is valued by the department as a learning opportunity.
Corporate Integrity Information and Resolutions unit (CIIRu) is the central office for managing complaints. If you wish to make a complaint about any of the services provided by the departments you are encouraged to:
- Contact the quality assurance officer at your local office, or your individual caseworker
- If your complaint cannot be resolved at your local office, then please contact CIIRu for assistance. CIIRu will advise the program area that the complaint is being investigated.
You can submit your complaint or enquiry by either writing, email or phone.
Manager, Corporate Integrity Information and Resolutions unit
Department of Human Services
Level 20, 50 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne, VIC 3000
1300 884 706
Note: your complaint will be allocated to the appropriate officer once recieved, so please wait to be put through.
During each step, take note of the name(s) of staff you contact, and also:
- the staff member's title
- contact number, and
- date you spoke with them.
Please read the complaint guide or brochure to assist with your complaint.
- Making a Complaint - brochure
- Guide to Making a Complaint - note: this guide is not to be sent off to the department, it is a sample only.
You can also contact the following agencies to get advice. They will either take on the complaint or refer you back to the program area.
The Victorian Ombudsman (the Ombudsman) conducts enquiries and investigations on behalf of the public. CIIRu works closely with the Ombudsman to quickly and effectively resolve these matters.
How CIIRu does this:
- Coordinates departmental responses to Ombudsman enquiries and investigations involving the Department
- Liaise with the Victorian Ombudsman's office regarding these enquiries and investigations
- Consults with divisions and regions to obtain information sought by the Ombudsman
- Monitors the implementations of recommendations of Ombudsman decisions to prevent similar complaints from occurring.
The Victorian Legislation website provides free access to all relevant Acts and Regulations.
Search for the following:
- Freedom of Information Act 1982
- Ombudsman Act 1973
- Information Privacy Act 2000
- Health Records Act 2001
- Whistleblowers Protection Act 2001
- Whistleblowers Protection Regulations 2001
- Financial Management Act 1994
- Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006
- Disability Act 2006