The Clinicians Health Channel offers all Athens users mobile access through a mobile app and/or mobile-optimised version to the below resources. Not an Athens user? Please register for an Athens account.
- MICROMEDEX Drug Information and MICROMEDEX Drug Interactions are now available as Mobile Apps (iPhone/iPad devices).
You will need to access the CHC subscription to MICROMEDEX®2.0 to view the link to the mobileMicromedex® page. You must either be a registered CHC Athens account holder or be on a hospital network-connected computer to access the mobileMicromedex® page.
Click here to download MICROMEDEX®2.0 Mobile App installation instructions
Access MICROMEDEX®2.0 (Onsite)
Access MICROMEDEX®2.0 (Athens login)
- TRIP Database
- TRIP Database is now optimised for internet-enabled smartphones. This web-based version has been created especially for use on selected new-generation mobile phones.
The type of device being used will be automatically recognised, with no additional purchases or downloads required. Simply follow the link below on your mobile device and you will be automatically redirected to the mobile URL.
TRIP Database mobile version
- Australian Medicines Handbook (AMH)
- AMH Mobile is a web-based version of AMH for access via the web browser on selected new-generation mobile phones with internet access, for example iPhone/iPad/Android phones. Register for AMH Mobile access. For more details including mobile compatibility information please visit AMH FAQ page.
- MIMS Online and Drug Alert
iMIMS is a mobile application designed for Apple-based products such as iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and allows you to get access to valuable drug information on the go.
You are required to have an Athens account to access iMIMS on your Apple device. Register for Athens
- Search and download iMIMS from the App Store. NB: The iMIMS application is 430MB. It will not be possible to download it over the 3G/4G network.
- Request for an iMIMS Token Number by logging in using your Athens username and password. Then, click ‘Proceed’.
- Register for iMIMS by filling in the form, and click ‘Complete Registration’
- Launch iMIMS and login using the Token Number.
- Search and download MIMS for Android from the Google Play Store.
- Request for MIMS for Android Token Number by logging in using your Athens credentials. Then, click ‘Proceed’.
- Register for MIMS for Android by filling in the form, and click ‘Complete Registration’
- Open the MIMS for Android application and enter the Token Number. NB: The MIMS for Android application is 430MB. It will not be possible to download it over the 3G/4G network.
- DynaMed is available as a mobile application from Omnio® for Android and Apple devices. The Omnio® app can be accessed offline which does not require internet data; however, the app requires occasional updating to retrieve new medical information.
If you are a new user and have not registered for remote access to CHC, please follow the instructions below:
- Register for an Athens account
- Request for a Serial Number and provide all the required details including your Athens username.
- Download the Omnio® app from the App Store or Google Play
- Once the installation is complete, launch the Omnio® app and create an account or sign in with your credentials.
- Enter your DynaMed serial number by clicking on ‘Settings’ and then ‘Install Serial Number’.
- Once the download is complete, DynaMed is listed as resource in the Reference - Library section.
If you have previously installed Skyscape to access Dynamed, find more information about the difference between two mobile apps.
- STAT!Ref Mobile is optimized for delivery on mobile devices. Simply log in with your Athens username and password and you will be automatically redirected to the mobile URL. The mobile version has full content available for all STAT!Ref Online that you are entitled to as a CHC user, and is intended to allow quick searches of titles while on the go. Click here to access STAT!Ref Mobile version.
For more information please visit STAT!Ref Mobile FAQ page.
STATRef! is also available as an App for iPhone and iPad. Click for instructions and links to the STAT!Ref Mobile apps.
- EBSCOhost Mobile
EBSCOhost Mobile is tailor-made for the smaller screens of mobile devices, and offers the most important EBSCOhost features and functionality right in the palm of your hand. You must have an internet enabled mobile device and hold an active Athens account. Please register for an Athens account to begin.
Access EBSCOhost Mobile resources:
- CINAHL® Plus with Full Text
- MEDLINE® (Index)
For more information please visit EBSCOhost Mobile FAQ page.
- Best Practice (BMJ)
You must have an Athens account to register for a ‘My BMJ Best Practice’ account and to access the BMJ Best Practice app.
- Register for an Athens account if you have not already registered.
- Access BMJ Best Practice using your Athens login details.
- Register for a 'My BMJ Best Practice' account through this link and follow the instructions to complete the registration.
- Log out of your Athens/My BMJ Best Practice accounts and log back in again.
- Search for ‘BMJ Best Practice’ in App Store or Google Play and install the application to your device.
- Launch the application and enter your ‘My BMJ Best Practice’ login details (email and password). Institutional number is not required.
- Then, tap ‘Login’. The full content of the app will automatically download when you have a Wi-Fi connection.
- Therapeutic Guidelines (eTG Complete)
- Therapeutic Guidelines (eTG Complete) is now optimised for internet-enabled smartphones. This web-based version has been created especially for use on selected new-generation mobile phones. The mobile version contains the full content of eTG Complete, and is intended to allow quick searches while on the go.
The type of device being used will be automatically recognised, with no additional purchases or downloads required. Simply follow the below link and log in with your Athens username and password. You will be automatically redirected to the mobile URL.
Click here to access eTG Complete mobile version (Athens login required)