The Clinicians Health Channel offers all Athens users mobile access through a mobile app and/or mobile-optimised version to the below resources. Not an Athens user? Please register for an Athens account.
- Journal of Advanced Nursing
The “Journal of Advanced Nursing” (JAN) is an international, peer-reviewed, scientific journal, focusing on evidence-based nursing, midwifery and healthcare. This resource’s mobile application is freely available for anyone to download on iPhone/iPad.
- You must have an Athens account to begin. Register now for an Ahens account if not yet registered.
- Create an account on Wiley Online Library, or if you already have one, log in at the top right of the screen.
- Access Wiley Online Library from your institution’s network, and log in. If you are off-site and need help getting access to licensed content, contact your librarian.
- Visit the Roaming Access section of "My Profile" and click "Activate Roaming Access."
- Download the JAN app from the iTunes App Store. Launch the app and click “Current Subscribers” and then “Learn how to get access.”
- Enter your Wiley Online Library account information.
For more detailed instructions go to: Journal iPad/iPhone App Frequently Asked Questions
- MICROMEDEX Drug Information and MICROMEDEX Drug Interactions are now available as Mobile Apps (iPhone/iPad devices).
You will need to access the CHC subscription to MICROMEDEX®2.0 to view the link to the mobileMicromedex® page. You must either be a registered CHC Athens account holder or be on a hospital network-connected computer to access the mobileMicromedex® page.
Click here to download MICROMEDEX®2.0 Mobile App installation instructions
Access MICROMEDEX®2.0 (Onsite)
Access MICROMEDEX®2.0 (Athens login)
- TRIP Database
- TRIP Database is now optimised for internet-enabled smartphones. This web-based version has been created especially for use on selected new-generation mobile phones.
The type of device being used will be automatically recognised, with no additional purchases or downloads required. Simply follow the link below on your mobile device and you will be automatically redirected to the mobile URL.
TRIP Database mobile version
- Australian Medicines Handbook (AMH)
AMH Online now automatically recognises any device and optimises the version of AMH according to the device being used. To access the mobile version of AMH Online, users are required to register for an AMH Online account.
- MIMS Online and Drug Alert
iMIMS is a mobile application designed for Apple-based products such as iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and allows you to get access to valuable drug information on the go.
You are required to have an Athens account to access iMIMS on your Apple device. Register for Athens
- Search and download iMIMS from the App Store. NB: The iMIMS application is 430MB. It will not be possible to download it over the 3G/4G network.
- Request for an iMIMS Token Number by logging in using your Athens username and password. Then, click ‘Proceed’.
- Register for iMIMS by filling in the form, and click ‘Complete Registration’
- Launch iMIMS and login using the Token Number.
- Search and download MIMS for Android from the Google Play Store.
- Request for MIMS for Android Token Number by logging in using your Athens credentials. Then, click ‘Proceed’.
- Register for MIMS for Android by filling in the form, and click ‘Complete Registration’
- Open the MIMS for Android application and enter the Token Number. NB: The MIMS for Android application is 430MB. It will not be possible to download it over the 3G/4G network.
DynaMed is available as a mobile application for Android and Apple devices. The application can be accessed offline which does not require internet data; however, it requires occasional updating to retrieve new medical information.
- Download the app from the iTunes Store or Google Play.
- Access DynaMed™ at your hospital or offsite using your Athens credentials. Register for an Athens account if you have not done so.
- Once logged in, click on ‘Mobile’ link from DynaMed and enter your email address. The link is located in the top toolbar. An authentication key will be emailed to you.
- Open the DynaMed authentication email from your device.
- Tap on the link in the email to authenticate the App. Note: The authentication key is valid for 48 hours.
- STAT!Ref Mobile is optimized for delivery on mobile devices. Simply log in with your Athens username and password and you will be automatically redirected to the mobile URL. The mobile version has full content available for all STAT!Ref Online that you are entitled to as a CHC user, and is intended to allow quick searches of titles while on the go. Click here to access STAT!Ref Mobile version.
For more information please visit STAT!Ref Mobile FAQ page.
STATRef! is also available as an App for iPhone and iPad. Click for instructions and links to the STAT!Ref Mobile apps.
- EBSCOhost Mobile
EBSCOhost Mobile is tailor-made for the smaller screens of mobile devices, and offers the most important EBSCOhost features and functionality right in the palm of your hand. You must have an internet enabled mobile device and hold an active Athens account. Please register for an Athens account to begin.
Access EBSCOhost Mobile resources:
- CINAHL® Plus with Full Text
- MEDLINE® (Index)
For more information please visit EBSCOhost Mobile FAQ page.
- BMJ Best Practice
You must have an Athens account to register for a ‘My BMJ Best Practice’ account and to access the BMJ Best Practice app.
- Register for an Athens account if you have not already registered.
- Access BMJ Best Practice from the Remote access tabs, and login using Athens credentials
- Once logged in, click on ‘My BMJ Best Practice’ and follow the instructions, either sign in with or register for a My BMJ Best Practice account.
- Log out of your My BMJ Best Practice accounts by clicking on your name. Then, click ‘Logout of Athens’.
- Log back in to BMJ Best Practice and your My BMJ Best Practice account.
- Search for ‘BMJ Best Practice’ in App Store or Google Play and install the application to your device.
- Launch the application and enter your ‘My BMJ Best Practice’ login details (email and password). Institutional number is not required.
- Then, tap ‘Login’. The full content of the app will automatically download when you have a Wi-Fi connection.
- Therapeutic Guidelines (eTG Complete)
- Therapeutic Guidelines (eTG Complete) is now optimised for internet-enabled smartphones. This web-based version has been created especially for use on selected new-generation mobile phones. The mobile version contains the full content of eTG Complete, and is intended to allow quick searches while on the go.
The type of device being used will be automatically recognised, with no additional purchases or downloads required. Simply follow the below link and log in with your Athens username and password. You will be automatically redirected to the mobile URL.
Click here to access eTG Complete mobile version (Athens login required)
- JAMA Network Reader
The JAMA Network Reader is a web-optimised program of JAMA Network Journals. The Reader allows you free, instant access to all JAMA Network journals on virtually any device.
You must have an Athens account to access the JAMA Network Reader.
- Register for an Athens account if not yet registered.
- Request for JAMA Reader code from the Help Desk by supplying all required details in the auto-email including your Athens username
- Visit JAMA Reader and sign in or create a JAMA account.
- Enter the code received from the CHC Help Desk.
- Bookmark, add to Home Screen, or create a shortcut for ease of access to JAMA Reader in the future.