Cancer Services Framework Overview
In 2002, the Department of Human Services commissioned the development of a Cancer Services Framework for Victoria. This was developed by the national expert consultancy group, the Collaboration for Cancer Outcomes Research and Evaluation (C Core). Copies are available on the right hand side bar.
The principles upon which the Cancer Services Framework has been based include:
- multidisciplinary cancer care to ensure effective and efficient patient management
- maximal geographic access for patients and their carers/families
- high quality and safe cancer services.
The structures and processes that support optimal cancer care
- Integrated Cancer Services driving change at the local level.
- Patient Management
guide the delivery of consistent cancer care for a range of tumour streams.
- The development of a model for safety and quality in cancer care.
- Four priority service improvement areas for reform: