Department of Health and Human Services

Alcohol & other drugs services in Victoria

If you think you have a problem with drugs or know someone that you think may have a problem, the first step to getting help is talking to a counsellor/health professional or someone else you can trust and chat with, such as a friend or family member.

Counsellors and health professionals can provide you with confidential advice and refer you to a drug service that is right for you.

You can take this first step by:

What's New

Ice Action Plan

The Victorian Government is taking action to stop the drug ice from ruining lives. The Ice Action Plan was released on 5 March 2015.

The plan addresses urgent issues, including more support for families, expanding drug treatment services, protecting frontline workers, closing down manufacturers and making communities safer.

For further information see


The Help Line - 1800 ICE ADVICE (1800 423 238) provides important clinical advice to health professionals working with ice users.

The service will direct users and families to the treatment and support services they need, and provide general information to the community about ice and its effects.