The Department of Health is committed to achieving the best health and wellbeing for all Victorians.
Dr Pradeep Philip is the Secretary of the Department of Health, one of eleven state government departments in Victoria, Australia. Pradeep oversees and administers the entire department, which covers the responsibilities of the Ministers for Health, the Minister for Ageing and the Minister for Mental Health. The department has approximately 1,600 staff across five divisions and eight regions.
- Health care services through the public hospital system, community health services, ambulance services and dental services
- Health promotion and protection through emergency management, public health and related preventative services, education and regulation
- The public mental health service system consisting of clinical services and psychiatric disability rehabilitation and support services
- A range of alcohol and drug prevention and treatment services
- Residential and rehabilitation care for older people, along with support and assistance to enable them to remain independently in their own homes
Five divisions share the department's responsibilities for developing strategic priorities, implementing policy, and funding and monitoring service delivery. For more information visit Department of Health Divisions.
The Department of Health delivers services through Victoria's eight geographical regions. For more information visit Department of Health Regions.