Koolin Balit State-wide Action Plan 2013-2015
The state-wide action plan covers the period from 2013 to 2015, outlining the detail of what the Victorian Department of Health and other relevant departments and partners will do to achieve the aims of theKoolin Balit: Victorian Government Strategic Directions for Aboriginal Health 2012-2022.
The action plan includes clear measures and milestones to implement and achieve each of the aims set out in the Koolin Balit 10 year strategy.
The key actions for the next three years are:
- Reducing the rate of Aboriginal perinatal mortality;
- Increasing the proportion of Aboriginal children participating in maternal and child health visits;
- Reducing smoking take-up among Aboriginal teenagers;
- Reducing the number of Aboriginal adults who are current smokers;
- Helping older Aboriginal people access information, support and services to maximise their health and wellbeing; and
- Improving access to primary, acute and mental health services.