Koolin Balit Conference Grants
Eligibility and application process
A key enabler in Koolin Balit, the Victorian government's strategic directions for Aboriginal health, is to maximise the use of research and evidence. Conducting evaluation and having the opportunity to share evaluation findings is a key strategy towards achieving this aim.
OverviewThe Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is offering one-off grants of up to $2,000 to assist individuals to travel and attend conferences where they have been accepted or invited to make an oral presentation about an Aboriginal health initiative being implemented in Victoria.
- Applicants must be employees or clients of an organisation providing healthcare services in the state of Victoria.
- Eligible organisations include Aboriginal community controlled health organisations, hospitals, community health services, primary care partnerships and non-government organisations funded by the Victorian DHHS providing health services to Aboriginal people.
- Applications will only be considered after an abstract has been accepted for oral presentation or an invitation to present an oral presentation has been received in writing from the conference organisers. Poster presentations are not eligible.
How you can apply for a grantThe process to apply for a grant is:
- Undertake an evaluation, quality improvement process or review of your Aboriginal health initiative.
- Submit an abstract or expression of interest to a relevant conference, as per the conference organisers' requirements.
- Upon acceptance or invitation to present, complete the Koolin Balit conference grant application form and send it, together with your accepted abstract, proof of acceptance or invitation, registration costs and travel/accommodation quotes to DHHS by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Department's Aboriginal Health Evidence and Evaluation Working Group, which brings together data and evaluation experts, will oversee the program.
TimelineGrant applications can be submitted at any time. There is no single deadline for submission of applications.
Applications will be open from 1 July 2015 until 30 March 2017.
Upon receipt of your application, you will receive an acknowledgement within 3 days and advice of whether you have been successful within 14 days.
If you require a faster turnaround, please note this on your application form.